Sunday, September 21, 2014

The Palisades, John Muir Wilderness...


"The mountains are calling and I must go." John Muir

So I went! For one last hurrah backpack trip into the eastern Sierra Nevada. If you remember from my last post, the garments in my backpack were beginning to outweigh the food items. This time it was a good thing.  I woke to White Death (AKA snow). Yech! 

Jews don't do snow. We are NOT the "Frozen Chosen." 

Ma Nature and my achy knees, shoulders, back and other extremities are telling me it's time to go for gentler hikes. I've been going uphill for well over a month. My body is saying "Bring  on Kansas!"

So...mañana I'll be heading to Sequoia National Park to hug a few of the big guys. The great thing about trees is they won't run away from an embrace. Wish I could say the same thing about my infrequent dates.

Goodnight from Lone Pine, California

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos! Hint. Put the clothes on. ;^)

    ReplyDelete