Thursday, September 18, 2014

Ansel Adams Wilderness, California...




"In wisdom gathered over time I have found that every experience is a form of exploration." Ansel Adams

For 28 miles, I got the chance to experience and explore another Sierra Nevada Wonderland. The hike took me through scenes Ansel would have been Jones-zing to shoot. 
I did the best I could with the "point and blast away" Canon camera I backpack with. I know compared to the master, my shots are amateurish at best. However, I believe he would be impressed with my devotion and love for getting out there to see the potential photos.

It was a windy, cool hike. Fall is in the air. The Cold Weenie in me is kicking in. 

BTW. The wilderness was originally named the Minarets. In 1984, when all that was left of AA was his photos, the name was changed to honor this craftsman of the darkroom. A fitting tribute to an American Icon and wilderness geek like me.

Cheers from Windy Mammoth. (Does the wind ever abate around here?)
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment