Monday, September 15, 2014

Mammoth Lakes, California...


and the Crystal Lake hike. 

When five unrelated and geographically separate residents suggest the same destination for a hike, I listen up. Only a fool ignores the locals, especially when they  obviously walk the walk. My wild land informants were young, fit and tanned. Unlike me, who's now feeling the miles, has gimpy knees and has deepening facial furrows from the relentless rays of the sun.
Ah!  To be young again.

Anyway, I checked out what all the hubbub was about. 
What do you think? I think the natives nailed it. 

That's Crystal Crag looming large above the lake. Cool beach for an IPA too. 

I scored a two night, three day permit for 30 more miles of Sierra Nevada bliss starting mañana.

Please have a few brews for me while I'm drinking water and eating dehydrated Thai chicken! Umm umm good! 

Be well and thrive,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment