Friday, January 9, 2015

The Ingredients of the Fountain of Youth...


Revealed! 

Every now and then someone will compliment me by saying, "Jeff, you don't look or act your age. What's your secret?" 

Well, I reckon the obvious ones are never getting married and possibly divorced (the chances in the US are almost flip-a-coin-able), and not siring any children (that I know of). 

The more apparent reasons are my consistent use of two preservatives. 
Before you scoff, hear me out.

Jif Peanut Butter is my choice ingredient for all the PB&J bagels and or sandwiches I consume in the course of a year. Jif can handle the rigors of Barley the Van travel. 100 degree heat or water freezing temperatures, it's still edible and spreadable. Now, that's the power of preservatives. 

India Pale Ale is brewed with ample quantities of hops. The female flower of the hop plant acts as a natural preservative. That precious yellow liquid had to stay fresh during those long voyages to the Sub-Continent. Those British brewers were smart and thirsty colonialists. 

As you know, I'm a hop-head. Love the IPAs and probably more so than Jif. 

So...by drinking/ingesting these two preservatives, I get preserved.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Besides, it was a slow news day.

Good night,
Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment