Sunday, January 25, 2015

Charles A Lindbergh


is famous for being a daring pilot, an author, an explorer, a conservationist, a political activist, a Nazi sympathizer, a Mamma's Boy and an Anti-Semite.

Whew! What a resume. 
He was also a womanizer who favored Nordic mistresses. He fathered seven children out of wedlock. Maybe that's where he scored the nickname "Lucky Lindy."

Mr Lindbergh was a most controversial public figure. A "pause button" before his many rants and raves might have kept him from becoming a Fallen Hero, (like Lance Armstrong). 

In his diaries, he wrote: "We must limit to a reasonable amount the Jewish influence ... Whenever the Jewish percentage of total population becomes too high, a reaction seems to invariably occur. It is too bad because a few Jews of the right type are, I believe, an asset to any country."

I'm not famous, so I can write outrageous posts without worrying about falling from Grace. I'll have to change my ways if I ever reach stardom. 

His Final Resting Place is in the graveyard of a humble church in Kapahula, Maui. 

Speaking of VOG, I'm now using an inhaler prescribed by the best GP in the World.
Thanks Lonny! 
I'll pay him for his medical help with a 6 pack of IPA when I see him in Boulder.
Lucky for me, he's OK with the barter system.
Stay VOG free out there,
Jeff

1 comment:

  1. I see that you found it. When we were there Lindbergh's close friend (founder of Continental Airlines) was at the church ringing the bell for his dearest friend, at the age of 90+. It is a very beautiful place, for a strange man. His wife was still alive when we were there and the people of Hana were very protective of her, and of his grave site.

    ReplyDelete