Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Going Native...


It didn't take long for my intrepid family members to start to hang loose in Kauai. Talk about fast learners.

Tomorrow they will go on a whale watching cruise while I go for a hike. I can't keep their "Go! Go! Go!" pace up. I'm only human, I need some rest. 

Besides, I get seasick in a bathtub. I don't want to be the passenger tossing "chum" to the cetaceans. Those humpbacks have to deal with enough pollution without me fouling the waters around them. 

Speaking of whales. I saw the Michael Jordan of humpbacks today at a nearby beach. This dude leapt out of the saltwater a few times in about a minute. I'm not sure if he could slam dunk, but from my vantage point he appeared to make all the right moves. Score!

This sure beats winter,
Good night from balmy Princeville,
Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment