Friday, May 29, 2015

Play Ball!

Junior College World Series...

At Grand Junction, Colorado is an All-American event. I would place it up their with Mom, apple pie and of course, baseball. There's even All-American families equipped with tykes running amok on candy/ice cream sugar highs. Take a seat where the old codgers (like me) do if you don't want to get distracted from the action on the field. 

It's  a well kept Grand Valley secret despite being an annual occurrence here since 1958. 

I've been attending JUCO WS since 2008. I owe a watershed of thanks to Jack and Judy Miller for opening my eyes to it. They've been incredibly generous about sharing their home and beer drinking companionship with me through the years. Thanks folks! 

Without a doubt, this is one of my favorite weeks of the year. I really look forward to it. 

I get to hike (and even bike) in the Colorado National Monument in the morning. Catch a baseball game in the afternoon and still have time for dinner and Happy Hour in the evening. 
Each day, I repeat the sequence. It sure beats working. 

This year's tournament featured fickle weather as dicey and unsettling as mayonnaise-laden egg salad left outside on a summer's day. At least the mornings were sunny and mild.

Check this event out before ESPN and the ticket scalpers discover it. 

Come on Summer!
Jeff

Photo One: Judy and me enjoying a game.
Photo Two: Independence Rock in the Monument.
Photo Three: A rare photo of me on a bicycle. It's hard to believe I used to be good at riding one. 
Photo Four: Action at the ballpark. 




No comments:

Post a Comment