Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Sightings of the Loch Ness Monster are...


commonplace compared to seeing me geared up for playtime in the ocean.

This event is extremely rare. Haley's Comet rare. 
First off, I don't swim. I dog paddle or side stroke at best. I'm not a fan of putting my head where air can't enter my ample nose or mouth. 

Second, I'm afraid of water. People drown in it. There's living things in it who would love to make a kosher appetizer of me. You should have seen me get onshore when I spotted a moray eel today. I swam real fast!

Third, I do get seasick. No further explanation needed. I'll spare you the details. 

But today, it was fun. I saw the mentioned eel, a sea turtle, a clown fish, flocks of parrot fish, thousands of yellow tangs (very pretty) and one blow fish. 
I was hoping to whale watch but there were none around. 

I have the gear rented for a week. By that time, I'll be like Mike Nelson of "Sea Hunt" fame. You will be showing your age if you can remember Lloyd Bridges in the starring role.

Maybe I'll get serious and rent a harpoon!
PS. I didn't see Nessie either
Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment