Saturday, October 11, 2014

White Rim Trail, Canyonlands National Park...



There's a reason I submit my body to the bumps and grinds of five days of mountain biking the White Rim Trail. Simply said, it's beautiful with big sky views. This vast region possesses an almost terrifyingly silence. That is when there aren't any motorized dirt bikes or 4X4 vehicles nearby. This was my fifth go around. It won't be my last.

I'll need more "Granny" gears the next time though. I believe the hills got steeper and rockier since the early 90's. It's just not possible I've aged a lot since then. 

This jewel of a park is celebrating its 50th anniversary. Come by and say "Congratulations!" I fear the tide is turning and it won't be the same in a few more years. Canyonlands is finding itself on humanities radar screen. The secret is getting out. 

I'm now in back in Colorado. What a two month road trip, it's been. 

Good night from Grand Junction


No comments:

Post a Comment