Friday, October 24, 2014

We are all coping...


Numerous showers couldn't rinse away the emotional angst of Barley's external violation. 

Fido and I donned black arm bands in a display of solidarity to honor our steady-as-a-rock traveling companion. 

As of this posting, there were no suspects to this mean-spirited crime. (Although the names Mr. Mustard, Miss Scarlet, Professor Plum and Mr. Green have been bandied about). Personally, I think the Butler or an angry neighbor did it. No other vehicles were tagged in the area. Barley was singled out and the "hit" was made. 

On Monday, I'll be taking my buddy in for a new paint job. GEICO (15 minutes could save you 15% on your van's insurance. They paid me to write that) is taking care of the details, including a rental car. 

I'll have to shell out two weeks worth of Happy Hour IPAs to cover my end of the loss. What's worse is losing my snug home and hearth for a few nights. No one wins when vandals strike. We all pay the price in increased insurance premiums and wasted resources. 

Be safe out there and ever vigilant. Fido was apparently asleep on guard duty when the painter struck.

Back in Boulder...
Jeff
PS. Edna is so traumatized, she refuses to leave her post on the dashboard for a photo op. She's wearing a tiny black arm band too.

No comments:

Post a Comment