Friday, July 18, 2014

Mount Sneffels...



Is an amazing 14,150 foot peak with a strange name. No worries, once on top nothing but the grandeur seems to matter. This is my favorite 14er and I've been up 49 of the state's 54.

This will also be my final resting place when I'm in the "ashes to ashes, dust to dust" phase. I've given explicit directions to my nephews on how to divvy up the gray stuff. They will be my official urn pall-bearers. It'll be easy, I'll be dehydrated then. 

One-third facing east to see the rising sun. 
Two-thirds facing west for these awwww inspiring views. 
Keith and Justin promised to carry a measuring cup to get it right. 

If you decide to pay me a visit, a splash of Odell's IPA would be appreciated. A fella can get mighty thirsty at altitude.


As you can see from the third photo, the mountain requires a blood sacrifice as a show of respect. It's a small price to pay for a perfect morning like this. 
Although there were no nude women to point out the way to the summit!

Cheers from The Switzerland of Colorado. AKA Ouray,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment