Monday, June 1, 2015

For Years I've been...

driving past the "Gunnison Gorge National Conservation  Area" sign on Highway 50. (Also known as the Loneliest Highway in America on its Nevada stretch). 

I was always curious about what the heck's out there. Today I was able to work a look-see into my BUSY schedule by taking a 9 mile hike on the Ute Trail to the Mighty (if it weren't dammed up) Gunnison River. 

Lemme tell you, it's not often a trail is in better shape than the road to the trailhead, but that's what happened. 
The Peach Valley Road (sans orchards) was a bit wash-board-y, but it was the Autobahn compared to the 2.5 mile Ute Road. Barley the Van and its contents (me and my stuff) were jostled, juggled and shaken, not stirred around. 

It was so bad. How bad Jeff? 
My Baby Grand Piano flipped over in Barley the Van's Great Room. That's how bad it was.

I need to figure out a better way to secure those ivories down. My candelabra shattered too. Bad day for stuff, great day for a hike. Yin-Yang. 

From the United RV Park in Durango, CO 
It's raining and windy here! OY!

Good day!

Jeff




No comments:

Post a Comment