Friday, October 2, 2015

Signal Mountain seemed an...

appropriate destination for Jenny and I to make a getaway to. In the past few days, Mother Nature has been signaling a change in the season. The long sunny days are now a feel good memory, the squirrels are burying the last of their nut and seed supply and windows are being shut to keep the cool air out. Lastly, I might be forced to put on a pair of long pants. Yech. 

Summer and Indian Summer flew by faster than a lit match consumes a thimbleful of white gas. Wump! 

For me and apparently Jenny, it's an introspective time. I think a lot about how I spent my favorite season mostly in Colorado. I reflect upon the many pretty places I'd been, the friends and family I visited and revisited along the way, the Colorado Rockies and Junior College World Series Baseball games I attended and the many times it just felt so right to be back home in the Centennial State.

It's a shame I'm too much of a cold weenie to spend the long winters here. I guess it's in my blood. My Dad (Sid) was a cold weenie too. 

In case you missed them, here's some of the highlights of what seemed like a shortened summer season.












Come on Summer of 2016!

Cheers from cloudy Fort Collins, Colorado 
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment