Tuesday, October 6, 2015

It's time to trade...

Mountains for mesas and forested creeks for rocky canyons. I'm on my way to the Red Rock and Canyonlands country of Utah. But first, I took a time out in Grand Junction, Colorado. 

I hiked in Colorado National Monument. 
It's an old friend like the locals I know here.
A Happy Hour in the "River City" would be devoid of Yuck Yucks without spending time with the Millers and the Toolens. Having buddies scattered around the Centennial State is a major reason why I think of Colorado as home. 

In these gentle months of weather, there is no place like home.

Manana, I'll be in the Needles District of Canyonlands National Park. At least, I won't have to watch the Yankees play like poop.

Cheers from a pained Yankee fan,
Jeff

PS. I have three pounds of Starbucks and three cases of IPAs on board Barley the Van. I'm prepared. 


1 comment: