Friday, July 3, 2015

The Wandering, Wondering Jew Blog...


Turns One as America turns 239 years young. 

Coincidence? I think not. 
Both are representative of the wonderful concept of FREEDOM! If you readers haven't  figured it out, I value the notion that I can go traipsing around as I please, just as long as I have the proper permits! 

Alas, freedom is not free. Once again, I give thanks to the Military Veterans who fought for our nation in order to preserve the ideas of our Forefathers.

I give thanks to this country for allowing my parents to seek sanctuary in New York City, in order to escape the insanity of the Holocaust. 

I give thanks to President Theodore Roosevelt for his foresight in saving my cherished National Forests, National Parks and Monuments. I have no problem with this huge Federal Land grab. If not for him the western wild lands would be riddled with sub-divisions named in memory of what they displaced: Redwood Ridge, Elk Meadows and Quail Hollow. Yech! 

I give thanks for our Freedom of Speech. I have the Constitutional OK to display my highly opinionated views on my blog without being hauled away to an uncomfortable gulag. Although, I don't have the right to go into a full-house theater and scream, "Fire! Fire!" That's a rule I can live with. 

Lastly, I want to thank all you readers and hackers who check into my blog. I scored around 17,700 pageviews for the year. I'm still trying to figure out what gets your attention. Comments and critiques are few. 
So...please continue to give a gander in. Feel free to forward my blog address to your billions of Facebook friends, hackers and family members. Maybe The W, W J blog will go viral in the coming year.

Have a safe and Happy 4th of July.
Cheers,
Jeff

PS. I included a photo of Little Dyl to symbolize what one year old is. She's pretty cute and adorable too. Her dream is to one day own her own pink Barley the Van. 


No comments:

Post a Comment