Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Three Years of Homelessness...

"And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack
And you may find yourself in another part of the world
And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile
And you may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful
wife
And you may ask yourself-Well...How did I get here?"

"Once in a Lifetime" lyrics by the Talking Heads

Our days go by and turn into years. 

It's hard for me to believe I began this lifestyle experiment 1,095 days ago. But here I am still homeless. For the "Why?" behind the story, please check out my last anniversary blog. 
 

It's been an interesting run. When I'm healthy and visiting pretty places with miles of trails to explore, all is swell. It's a simple and peaceful existence. When everything is in sync, I'm living lean, tan, well-read and happy. 


However, my days aren't always as fine as a four-pack of Wookey Jack Black Rye IPA, occasionally I gets untracked. This past month, I've been feeling derailed. 

I recently rolled a snake eyes of not only being injured (a knee that developed a mind of its own), but sick as well (cold turning into a sinus infection) and multiple stubborn nose bleeds (with a beak like mine, this could prove fatal). 

I've even felt lonely. 

At times like these, I can blurt out an unwelcome thought to myself. It's this one, "Self! What's going to become of me?" 

Yes, even Wandering, Wondering Jews get the Blues. 

TIME OUT FOR A COMMERCIAL BREAK! 

Buy any one of my Kindle Books from Amazon, and you've been kind enough to purchase one gallon of go juice for Barley the Van. That's 15 miles of downhill travel with a tailwind. 

Two Kindle books purchases will provide the author with a Happy Hour IPA (no tip included). 

Buy three e-books and its Happy Hour on me when we meet.


Have I mentioned, "Destroying Demons on the Diagonal" has won the prestigious 2012  IPPY Gold Medal Award for travel yarns?

We now return you to our regularly scheduled blog.

I know my Wandering, Wondering ways has an expiration date. It's called the aging process. As for now, I'll keep rolling along until I find a place I can call "Home." In retrospect,  I've always been restless. Could this be the trickle down affect from my ancient ancestors who wandered around the desert for 40 years? Maybe. 

One thing I know for sure, I've eliminated Tucson and any state east of Interstate 25 from my home list.

It would be a beautiful thing to have a pleasant woman to share the scenery, campfires,  my Coleman Stove cuisine and sunset Happy Hours with.
No one wishes to grow old alone. Not even me.

Besides, having a girlfriend gives me someone to nurture and fuss over. Two Jewish Mother traits I'm real good at. Clara Sambur taught me well.
For the right woman, I would even upgrade to an extended cab 4x4 Barley the Van II. See the photo.

To my readers, thanks for stopping by. If it gets your fancy, feel free to pass the link along. 

Its a mystery to me how this will all play out, then again no one is aware of what lies around the corner. 

Soon I'll be off to backpack the Grand Canyon with my brother from another mother (Brad). Please wish me and my knee Good Luck!


Cheers from the Old Pueblo
Go Syracuse!
Jeff

PS. I wasn't joking about well-read. Look at all those books on Barley's shelf. The Library of Congress borrows books from me.





No comments:

Post a Comment