Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Not screwed this time...


By Corkscrew Peak. Today, there was no wandering around. The cairns guided me up and all I had to do was chase them. Kind of like a bloodhound on a scent!
At 5,801 feet, it's a Colorado anthill. In Death Valley, it's a challenge. (3,300 feet elevation gain in a scant 4 miles). 
OY! I was shvitzing! (Sweating). 

In the most populated state in the U.S (California has 38 million denizens) I saw one lizard, one chipmunk and one fluttering butterfly. Madame Butterfly is now mounted on a pin and can be seen in Barley. Only joking. I may be a lot of things, but I am no lepidopterist. 

Look closely. That's standing water in Death Valley. Surfs up! Dude!

This is one mountain worth the shvitz labor to ascend. 

Good night once again from below sea level,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment