Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Post Pandemic Dreams.

Post Pandemic Dreams...

The readers speak! You may recall I reached out for input on what’s on your post pandemic bucket list. 


The post received over 200 hits, but I guess many of you are the strong silent type and camera shy too.

Here’s the results. I interspersed the quotes with pretty photos from Canyonlands National Park. (Returning to our National Parks was BIGLY on my post pandemic bucket list.) 

I want to do this, sans mask. His name is Lewis and he was born Febr. 6, 2021.




I want to sit at a table, at any bar with a patio, with you and talk.
I want to go to Florence, to see my friends, who live there.
A road trip to WA to see other friends would be the best.
But most of all I want to see people's smiles and get a few hugs.


Hi Jeff! Great blog posting today. I also got my second Moderna shot on March 30th and am thus looking eagerly to April 13. I felt crappy the next morning and needed to sleep. Got up again at 1:00 p.m. and gradually felt better and better. Since one of my big passions is hiking and backpacking and I often do that solo, that has not been impacted much by COVID. That said, I do look forward to feeling more carefree on the trail and at campgrounds when interacting with others. 

Looking forward to a motorcycle ride to eat some steamed Cheasapeak Bay Blue Crabs...



Hugs, baseball games and concerts. Traveling in and out of the country!


we are back in green Iowa with smiles abundant in supply.  it is so nice to gather in small groups and enjoy a beer or 3. This thursday i will be be able to do my volunteer work at the information center.  real people.  but, i will still wear a mask.




As usual, entertaining and informative. My main post-Covid plan is to see family again. I have a plan in the works to visit family on the west coast including my son. It may take awhile longer to visit my daughter and grandson in Thailand.

In the meantime here’s to sharing more IPA moments.



Here is what I am looking forward to doing once things get back to normal, in no particular order:
  1. Dance at the Caribou Room
  2. Ride a bus, train & plane
  3. Hug my grown children
  4. Hiking vacation in Norway
  5. In person book group meetings
  6. Dinner parties
  7. Going out in public without a mask, seeing people's smiles and chatting without a mask
  8. In person government meetings
  9. Yoga at the studio
  10. Eating indoors at a restaurant




Seeing the world again. Volunteering in a foreign land. Seeing my friends in the usa and welcoming visitors to NZ 

Looking forward to vacations, concerts, and socializing downtown on main street.

To say I am forever grateful for the dedication of our safety by our incredibly wonderful and brilliant scientists is such an understatement. For me, I long to see (in person) family, friends, full faces, smiles, dinner and party gatherings, blue water, white sand, happy hours, the inside of restaurants and airplanes, frequent empty gas tank levels, more smiles, concerts, festivals, Broncos, Rockies, Rangers and Longhorn games, the brilliant color of people's clothing in crowded stadiums and even more and more smiles!!! "These are a few of my favorite things..." Bring them all on! I am ready!!! 

I will do the Inca Trail in Peru. We booked the trip for 2020 and hope that we can do it in 2022.



Cheers Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment