Sunday, November 8, 2015

My idea of...

Winter.

On top of Mighty Camelback Mountain in Scottsdale, Arizona  (,2704 feet of oxygen deprived granite)  there was a slight wind chill in the 75 degree sunshine. Somehow I survived and endured the harsh elements. After all, I didn't want to embarrass myself before those 100-plus bestest buddies who hiked with me to the summit. Ahhh wilderness! 

Speaking of atrophy: with T-Minus one week until I turn 61, I realized taking a three day break from physical mobility is not a good idea. The way I was breathing on that minuscule chunk of crumbly rock, one would think I was summiting Everest. 

Note to self: Always keep moving until Happy Hour. 

Cheers from 33.5 degrees North.
Enough to make a difference in being SAD. http://jeffsambur.blogspot.com/2015/11/i-playing-dirty.html

Jeff


1 comment:

  1. The altitude on top of that pipsqueak hill is only a little over half the altitude you live with in Boulder in summer! Maybe more water and less beer?

    ReplyDelete