Thursday, November 6, 2014

Horseshoe Canyon, Utah...


It was a 32 mile drive on roads smothered with washboard ruts to get to Horseshoe Canyon. Even if there were no Great Gallery panels to gander upon the scenery alone is worth the jouncing and rattling.

I was fortunate to be at the right place at the right time. Mark a volunteer for the NPS was heading into the canyon when I arrived. I scored a guided tour featuring natural features and human history. I took notes. 
The so-called Archiac culture artists who created the Great Gallery were estimated to be about 3,000 years older than this Blog. Who the heck knows why they painted the Holy Ghost and his entourage of groupies? What's the ingredients of that magic paint! Why do modern men have to paint so often? Why can't we duplicate this amazing coating? Why are our paint professionals clueless to the knowledge of those Archaic dudes?

Jeff just wondering...

I shot this photo of Venus the Vandal in a nearby canyon. I hope her work won't last 3,000 years. I wish it wouldn't last three hours. 


No comments:

Post a Comment