Monday, May 30, 2022

I don’t own a gun.


nor do I ever intend to.

I have many reasons. My biggest rationale is a simple one. 

I don’t trust myself. 



Lurking behind this seemingly endless smile is a temper. Before you unfriend or block my emails,  allow me to clarify. I’ve placed this unhealthy emotion in a Fort Knox-like setting deep within my persona. On a Halley’s Comet timeline appearance when I feel my blood pressure rising and my fists clenching, I don’t “stand my ground.” I walk away. Quickly. 


Refusing to own a weapon stops me from making a rash decision which would negatively impact others and or myself.  I don’t need or want the temptation. There are no “do-overs” once the trigger is pulled.


Unfortunately, many macho and macha citizens do not have the same self-awareness and self-restraint as I do. They surrender to their inner Demons, oftentimes with horrific consequences. 


I’ve written two previous gun related blogs, both emphasizing America’s lack of any meaningful gun control measures.

Posted July 4th, 2016

Posted August 12, 2019


Has there been any changes? Of course not. Just truckloads of “Thoughts and Prayers.”



In lieu of recent events in Buffalo, NY and Uvalde, TX I felt compelled to write something once again. 
Will this post change gun laws or Americans infatuation with weapons? Of course not. But, I can voice my strong opinions.


A Nation that does nothing to prevent children from being utilized for target practice is no longer civilized. This is incipient Anarchy. 


It will only get worse with the demise of Democracy in 2022 and 2024 when a minority coalition of aggressive, well-armed insurgents wrests control over our Election process. 

The new law of the Land will be “no rules, just individual rights.” 



These photos are the innocent victims of Buffalo and Uvalde. We exist in a Country  where guns have more rights than humans who live, laugh, love and breathe. 

Shame on us.

Are we destined to fly our flag in a perpetual state of half-mast?









7 comments:

  1. Nothing to add. You’ve said it all. No words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m with you! I don’t need a gun. I vent my anger and frustration in healthy ways or isolated in nature. I don’t live in fear and I don’t but into this gun ownership frenzy that seems to continue to grow even as these mass shootings continue. Thoughts and prayers do nothing, it’s reactive response. What we need is gun policy change and pro activism. It is anarchy, who stands to gain from a destabilized American society?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there any way to share your blog? It won't change the minds of those who won't consider any gun restrictions, but it might spur others into political activism.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just shared your link with our local activism private group on Facebook. Simple. Glad it didn't require subscribing to your blog--or at least doesn't appear to. Ignore my previous comment (shown as Anonymous)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Confrontation doesn’t have to end in carnage. Sharing your concerns without a heated exchange is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guns are instruments of death. They have no other purpose. A 2nd Amendment right to own a gun does not grant the right to kill another person. Jeff is right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The main flaw in the argument that it’s NOT the gun which is the problem, it’s mental health or the need for more guns to stop the ones we have is that the argument pretends the gun doesn’t exist. The reality IS That the gun IS THE only constant in the conversation. It’s the one thing that never changes and is always there.
    The people can vary. law enforcement can screw up. So can background checks. These all depend on people who are 100% fallible. But the gun. It never fails. It’s always there. It’s GOT to go. Not admitting this is an insult to anyone’s intelligence. Can’t our asshole politicians find another way to exert their power? Must they Assist sick minds in the snuffing of children’s lives? 😓

    ReplyDelete