Saturday, March 5, 2022

The Death Valley X Files…

“I Want to Believe.” The X Files TV series.




Extraterrestrial, Out Worldly and Freaky is how many would describe Death Valley National Park. So it only makes sense, the region would attract the ultimate illegal aliens.

On my recent trip to DVNP, I was doing my usual Wandering and Wondering when I came upon this intergalactic phone booth. I picked up the phone and dialed ET and began speaking. 



“Hi Guys! I’m camped nearby. Why don’t you drop in for an IPA and some appetizers? My treat. We can schmooze about the state of the Earth and other galaxies. I’d enjoy hearing your Big View perspectives.” 

I heard a garbled response but my I Phone Translator app wasn’t set to “Out of this world” mode. Thus their answer was lost in space.

I returned to  camp at sunset doing my usual. That is drinking an IPA, reading and just looking around. When  I saw this!



After the Undocumented Dudes and Dudettes landed, (a Wall wasn’t going to stop them)  their were a few awkward moments of attempted communications between civilizations.  Fortunately  IPAs are the universal language of love and understanding.  I  was conscious, oriented and alert enough to capture the moment on film. 



So we laughed, kibitzed (told stories) and noshed on some appetizers. All in all, an enjoyable Happy Hour. (More so than drinking with boring humans.)

I limited my guests to two beers. I didn’t want them flying under the influence (FUI), especially at Warp Drive. 

Before they launched though they taught me how to move rocks without physical contact. It’s a cool bar trick called telekinesis. I was a quick learner.






Last photo: Before ET could phone home, he/she had to post a letter into an intergalactic mailbox. 




The galaxy was a lot easier to negotiate back then.

May the Force be with you,
Jeff 



2 comments:

  1. Greatly enjoyed the laughs! And a lovely sunset of a flying saucer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the laughs! Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete